Ready Mixed Concrete
- Shrink-mixed concrete
- mixed partially in a stationary mixer and completed in a truck mixer
- Truck-mixed concrete
- mixed completely in a truck mixer
- Used for: Transporting concrete truck for all uses. Haul distances must allow discharge of concrete within 1½ hours.
- Advantages: Operate usually from central mixing plants.
- Watch for: Timing of deliveries should suit job organization. Concrete crew and equipment must be ready onsite to handle concrete.
Transporting and Handling
Wheelbarrows and Buggies
- Used for: Short flat hauls on all types of onsite concrete construction.
- Advantages: Versatile—ideal inside and on jobsites with changing placing conditions.
- Watch for: Slow and labor intensive.
This article from The Constructor edit released